My matron-of-honor and I went to Target to browse their stationary and, low and behold, we discovered a clearance sale. Ladies, I repeat CLEARANCE SALE. I purchased my invites for $4.98/box. Each box came with 25 invitations, envelopes, and response cards with envelopes, so I purchased four boxes. That's a whopping total of $21.12 including tax. When I ran the numbers, the total cost (including postage, mailing envelopes, and direction cards) was well under $100. Unreal.
The invites are:
- Off-white card stock with a deep ivory toile floral pattern.
- A vellum overlay tied to the card stock with an ivory ribbon.
- Sophisticated without being overly formal.
- The reception is in a historic manor home that has a very vintage, very French feel to it.
- My dress is ivory with an organza overlay and ivory ribbons.
- Our wedding is semi-formal.