Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Don't Need a House Full of Things, I Need a House That is PAID FOR

Matt and I are both in our thirties. We own a home and a business. We have a Dyson, a well-established kitchen, sheets, curtains, furnishings, fine china, water pitchers, ice buckets, ad nauseum. How much more stuff do we need? So ...

We decided to register our honeymoon. Once we have our trip booked, we'll go online and set up everything. I think it's a grand idea for those who are willing to be modern about giving a gift and just think of the Thank You card for things like a "Hike on Gros Piton," "a sunset cruise along the coastline," "fresh croissants in a French bakery," "Friday night street party in Castries."

The more traditional guests can purchase items from a registry. Yes, I have one because there are a few things I could use and would like to have like some necessary cookware and kitchen gadgets. I've got a soft spot in my heart for a Le Creuset french oven in, um, Caribbean Blue ...

No comments: