Monday, June 9, 2008

Meeting the Officiate

We had our first meeting with the officiate today. It was awesome. At the end of the meeting, he handed me a book of Mary Oliver's poetry and told me to read a poem. I selected "Morning," After I finished reading it, Matt said, "That's you alright. Loving the mess out of that cat and being happy in the kitchen. Although I would like to change the words around to the cat howling at the door and then tearing up your garden only to come in and puke on the rug NEXT to the linoleum." We all laughed and I passed the book to Matt. He read, "Picking Blueberries" and stopped periodically to say, "Don't worry, honey, the dear doesn't die."

Matt has never read poetry to me. I was thrilled! He picked the poem stating, "This is for that pound of tasteless blueberries you bought last week, except when you made the pancakes, those were good. Oh, and for that time in New Jersey when we almost hit a deer on our motorcycles."

No comments: