Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Vintage Table

This weekend, I came across a ton of old family wedding photos, some dating back to the early 1900's. I even found one of my great, great uncle (who was a dandy) and great, great aunt (who was wearing orthopaedic shoes on her wedding day)! I snatched up this photo, along with a few others, and decided that I would like to display these at our wedding. My parent's have tons more photos so how fun will it be to bring them out from dark, cobwebby closets? I'm hoping Matt's mother and grandmother have some photos to share as well.

I also picked up my grandmother's ring. It's perfect and it needs minimal restoration work. The ring had to be cut from my grandma's hand after she passed and the cut was made through the date engraved on the inside of the ring but only through the day. Once the ring is joined back together, it will read Dave & Betty 01-42. I plan to have Matt & Cindy 01-09 engraved alongside it. There are 52 years of marriage bestowed upon this ring. I’m a lucky girl.

Dave & Betty

No comments: