Sunday, June 22, 2008

Links

My family had an estate yard sale at my grandparents' house yesterday. I was sent to the basement, of course, which was fine with me. I'm a good negotiator and I only cried once, when a woman bought Tiny Teddy--a toy that brought so many memories rushing back to me, I had no choice but to release them in a flood of tears. She asked if I was sure I wanted to sell it. I told her, "Yes. Sometimes one just has to let things go." She paid me for it and then gave me a hug.

At the end of the sale, I wandered upstairs and discovered these in a box full of tie tacks, clips, and random cuff links.
Links

Mother of pearl set in silver. They need a serious cleaning but I picked them up for Matt to wear at our wedding. It's been difficult cleaning out my grandparent's house. It's even harder to think that, in just a couple of weeks, the house will be sold and I'll never set foot in it again. In the meantime, I'm glad to find all of these wonderful treasures and to be able to use them on my wedding day. I hope Matt will continue to wear them over the years to come. I'm sure he will.

No comments: